An Alberta Clipper will move through the state Wednesday afternoon and evening and will bring some decent snowfall along with it. A good portion of Northern Ohio will see 3-5” of snow while Central Ohio looks to see 2-4” of snow. Parts of Southern Ohio will see 1-2” of snow while southeastern Ohio will stay under an inch.
Here’s a look at the latest Futurecast:
Our latest Ohio Snowfall Forecast:
Temperatures will be chilly in the 20s during the day for much of the state but as the low moves through during the early evening, a good portion of Central and Southern Ohio will see temperatures climb to or just above freezing for a short period of time before temperatures fall overnight. Thursday morning lows will be in the low 20s for much of the state, with lows in Northwestern Ohio in the low teens. A few locations could drop into the single digits. It will also be quite breezy during the day, with winds of 10-20 MPH that will start out of the south and southeast before veering to the north and northwest during the evening hours. This will create wind chills in the teens and single digits for many locations throughout the storm.
With gusty winds, blowing and drifting snow is possible. Blowing snow will limit visibility from time to time and the snow could be moderate to briefly heavy at times, especially at the onset in the early afternoon and again later in the afternoon as the main batch of snow moves through.
If you will be traveling on Wednesday, use caution and allow for extra travel time as the snow will cause roads to become snow covered and get slick. Untreated surfaces will quickly become snow covered.
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates!
- Risk for Strong to Severe Storms Tuesday - April 2, 2018
- Rain Changes to Freezing Rain Today; More Rain Expected - February 21, 2018
- Here Comes More Snow! - February 6, 2018
- Clipper System to Bring Snow to Ohio - December 12, 2017
- Major Pattern Change On The Way - November 29, 2017
- Wild Weather: Lots of Ups & Downs, Anything Goes - November 15, 2017
- Getting Your Weather Data from an App? Better Think Again! - October 18, 2017
- ISS Flyover: Two Great Passes This Week - September 26, 2017
- Hurricane Maria To Impact Puerto Rico Wednesday - September 19, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey Expected to Become A Major Hurricane Impacting Texas - August 24, 2017