Snow is set to return to Ohio overnight tonight and during the morning on Wednesday, before ending by mid afternoon. We could see some decent amounts of snow in spots and even some ice in southern Ohio by the time this system moves out. As we said yesterday it will be a very active weather pattern as we go through the rest of this week.
Let’s get right to the details: Snow starts around 1 AM in Western OH and 4 AM in Eastern OH. It will clear the state by 3 PM Wednesday. Much of Ohio will see snow, with parts of southern Ohio seeing mixed precipitation including snow, freezing rain, sleet, and even plain old rain.
First, let’s take a look at the latest Winter Weather Advisories and Winter Storm Warnings:
Our Latest Snow & Ice Forecasts
Ice accumulations across portions of southern Ohio will be enough to make untreated surfaces slippery, coat trees and power lines, and possibly cause power outages. Parts of southern Ohio, mainly along the river, could see a change to rain for a period of time before a change back to freezing rain or sleet and then snow.
The morning commute is looking quite poor in many locations across Ohio including Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati and Toledo. Allow for plenty of extra travel time on your way to work and drive with caution as roads will likely be messy. Below is our Morning Commute Impact map. Areas in red will likely see high impacts including snowy or icy roads and very slow travel. Areas in yellow will see slower than normal travel with poor road conditions possible in spots. Areas in green – well, you’re not in the clear, but your commute shouldn’t be terrible. It may take a little longer to get to where you are going but the overall commute will be fairly good.
Much of the snow falls during the morning hours and the commute home should be much better as crews will have time to clear roadways.
Be careful traveling Wednesday morning!
- Risk for Strong to Severe Storms Tuesday - April 2, 2018
- Rain Changes to Freezing Rain Today; More Rain Expected - February 21, 2018
- Here Comes More Snow! - February 6, 2018
- Clipper System to Bring Snow to Ohio - December 12, 2017
- Major Pattern Change On The Way - November 29, 2017
- Wild Weather: Lots of Ups & Downs, Anything Goes - November 15, 2017
- Getting Your Weather Data from an App? Better Think Again! - October 18, 2017
- ISS Flyover: Two Great Passes This Week - September 26, 2017
- Hurricane Maria To Impact Puerto Rico Wednesday - September 19, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey Expected to Become A Major Hurricane Impacting Texas - August 24, 2017