MORE SNOW ON THE WAY! It may be the first day of spring Tuesday, but Mother Nature wants to remind us who is in charge! More snow is expected Tuesday evening & Wednesday with a strengthening system. Some areas will receive over 6″ of snow.
A low pressure system is currently sliding out of the Tennessee Valley with heavy rain starting to push into southern Ohio. Strong to severe storms in on the southern end of this system. This low will track northeast across Ohio bringing rain to the southern half of the state into the morning Tuesday. The storm will expand aloft and allow for colder air to work in aloft with better lift and energy. This will cause a changeover to snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for much of East Central, Central, and Southwestern Ohio.
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect for portions of Southeast Ohio.
Temperatures will top out in the mid 30s for much of the area Tuesday afternoon before falling into the upper 20s and around 30 at night. Snow will become widespread across Ohio from Cincinnati to Columbus to Younsgtown. Toledo, Cleveland and Ashtabula will not see much snow from this one at all. Snow won’t accumulate on pavement right away, but raised surfaces and grass will see some.
Later evening will allow for more widespread snow to start accumulating. The best wave of energy should allow some heavy snow to break out around Wooster, Canton, Columbiana and Youngstown. Overall Dayton and Columbus should see 2-4 inches. Lima and Mansfield should see slightly more in spots.
We are fully aware of the following:)
1. What the National Weather Service Forecast is and what they have issued.
2. The fact that many people aren’t talking about this.
3. The fact that your app has an entirely different forecast.
The snow should gradually shut off from north to south during the morning hours Wednesday. It won’t fully move out of southern Ohio till later afternoon. Temperatures will only warm into the low and mid 30s for highs. At least we won’t have to worry about any dangerous wind chills, but it’s far from feeling like spring.
There are still some uncertainties in this forecast and it is subject to change. Even minor changes to the forecast can have a significant impact on this forecast, However, be ready for several inches of wet snow by Wednesday afternoon!
- 2019 Winter Forecast - April 16, 2018
- Three Tornadoes Touchdown In Ohio Tuesday - April 4, 2018
- No April Fools – Cold Easter & Month Ahead - March 31, 2018
- Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Snow - March 20, 2018
- A Few Inches of Snow to Welcome in Spring - March 19, 2018
- Rain Changes To Snow Thursday Evening - February 28, 2018
- The Thaw Is On With Infrequent Winter Visits - February 13, 2018
- Significant Snow in Parts of the Great Lakes - February 8, 2018
- Snow & Ice Continues Across Ohio Mid Morning - February 7, 2018
- ‘Super Blue Moon’ Will Show Up Wednesday - January 30, 2018