It’s been one very long stretch of dry weather across much of Ohio. Several record high temperatures have been recorded over the last couple weeks. It looks like the warm and dry pattern is not done yet.
Portions of Northeast Ohio are now in a drought. Abnormally dry conditions exist from the Medina, Akron/Canton and Youngstown areas. Cleveland and Akron have not seen beneficial rain or 0.25″ or more in 27 days. The longest stretch of days without 0.25″ of rain is 79 set back in 1963. September was the 6th driest on record at Cleveland Hopkins. Youngstown tied for the 3rd driest September on record.
The ground is either crunchy or water bills are getting high. Tuesday will bring full sunshine and warm temperatures to the area. Temperatures should reach into the low 80s for the afternoon hours. Wednesday more dry weather is on tap with temperatures likely pushing into the mid 80s in many communities. Normal temperatures for early October are in the upper 60s, so this will be a return to well above average warmth.
Some Relief On The Way
An approaching cold front finally shifts into Ohio with some moisture. Scattered showers will become possible Thursday morning. The front will be slow to move, so it will drape across the area and likely stick around well into Friday. This will mean multiple rounds of rain chances for mainly northern Ohio. Computer forecast models are not in great agreement, but many northern Ohioans should see at least a little bit of rain. The American GFS model is most aggressive with around an inch of new water in spots.
- Time To Purchase A Weather Service - November 16, 2018
- Neoweather Ends First Warn Series - November 5, 2018
- 2018-2019 Winter Forecast - November 3, 2018
- Lake Effect Snow Possible Around Great Lakes - October 16, 2018
- WATCH: Hurricane Michael Heads Towards Florida - October 9, 2018
- Unexpected Tornadoes Strike Northeast Ohio Thursday - September 22, 2018
- September 2018-2019 Winter Forecast Update - September 21, 2018
- Hurricane Florence To Cause Devastating Flooding In Carolinas - September 12, 2018
- VIDEO: Erie, PA Snow Record Taken Away - August 31, 2018
- Perseid Meteor Shower Peeks Through Monday - August 11, 2018