It’s been one very long stretch of dry weather across much of Ohio. Several record high temperatures have been recorded over the last couple weeks. It looks like the warm and dry pattern is not done yet.
Portions of Northeast Ohio are now in a drought. Abnormally dry conditions exist from the Medina, Akron/Canton and Youngstown areas. Cleveland and Akron have not seen beneficial rain or 0.25″ or more in 27 days. The longest stretch of days without 0.25″ of rain is 79 set back in 1963. September was the 6th driest on record at Cleveland Hopkins. Youngstown tied for the 3rd driest September on record.
The ground is either crunchy or water bills are getting high. Tuesday will bring full sunshine and warm temperatures to the area. Temperatures should reach into the low 80s for the afternoon hours. Wednesday more dry weather is on tap with temperatures likely pushing into the mid 80s in many communities. Normal temperatures for early October are in the upper 60s, so this will be a return to well above average warmth.
Some Relief On The Way
An approaching cold front finally shifts into Ohio with some moisture. Scattered showers will become possible Thursday morning. The front will be slow to move, so it will drape across the area and likely stick around well into Friday. This will mean multiple rounds of rain chances for mainly northern Ohio. Computer forecast models are not in great agreement, but many northern Ohioans should see at least a little bit of rain. The American GFS model is most aggressive with around an inch of new water in spots.
- Video: More Cold, Clipper Systems and Lake Snow - December 11, 2017
- Several Inches of Snow Coming To The Snowbelt - December 11, 2017
- Video: Check Out When Snow Is Possible - December 4, 2017
- Ready Or Not Here Comes Cold Weather After A Strong Storm - December 3, 2017
- Feet Of Snow Fell Thanksgiving Weekend 1950 - November 27, 2017
- Cyber Monday Flash Freeze Sale; Get 25% Off - November 27, 2017
- Pattern Flip: Warmth Comes East Next Week - November 22, 2017
- Great Thanksgiving Travel Today For Much of Nation - November 22, 2017
- Neoweather Live: November 5th Severe Weather Outbreak - November 14, 2017
- Major Storm Likely To Bring Arctic Chill Before Thanksgiving - November 13, 2017