Just as the hot sun is setting in the photo at the top of this article, so too will the heat and some of the dryness that has had a stronghold over Ohio the past week or so. There will be a great relief by this weekend for many, and it will feel more seasonable as we close out September Saturday and welcome October Sunday.
We will not be able to speak much on the relief of all the dryness that has been the case the past week or so across the area, as very little rain chances exist across the area headed into the weekend. The best shot of rain will be Saturday as a system rolls in across Lake Erie. A major cold front will blow through town Wednesday night, though.
Wednesday – Thursday
One computer model will bring some rain chances in with the cold front Wednesday night. A slight chance of rain across the whole state will be in play Wednesday afternoon and into the overnight.
Thursday, things will dry out and cool off – finally! Several schools had to close this week due to the heat. It certainly is not September-like, and is not welcome. Fall-lovers will be pleased as we head into October by the end of the weekend.
Another system will roll in Saturday morning, but should clear out of the area by the evening.
Temperatures will remain in the 60s and low-70s through the weekend during the day.
Looking forward, some elevation in temperatures will return next week for the first week of October, but it will not be as hot as it has been across the region. It will remain fairly dry, though, so there will be little relief in that department. The next chance of rain will not be until the middle of next week.
- Tranquil mid-week in Ohio; Cooler air returns briefly - December 19, 2017
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! (Great Lakes) - December 5, 2017
- Seasonable weather rolls on into early December for Ohio - November 28, 2017
- Fall Chill continues over Ohio; Quiet end to week - November 7, 2017
- Cool, seasonable weather keeps grip on Great Lakes - October 24, 2017
- Cooler west, Warmer east pattern to continue - October 10, 2017
- Hot and Dry now; cooler relief by weekend in Ohio - September 26, 2017
- Dry Tuesday, Wet Wednesday and Thursday in Ohio - September 12, 2017
- Cool down rolls into Great Lakes - August 22, 2017
- Great Lakes enters tranquil mid-week - August 8, 2017