It’s been a busy day of severe weather as expected across a good portion of Ohio. The threat for tornadoes were certainly on the table. A tornado touched down in Celina in Mercer County and in the Sandusky area near Castalia and Bloomingville along the Sandusky and Erie border.
The Celina tornado did notable damage. Mercer County EMA said 8 people had non-life threatening injuries caused by the storms. Six of the injured folks were in a restaurant on Havemann Road and one injured person was at another business on the same road. Another injury came from a crash on OH-29 east of Celina from an accident when a power pole fell.
There are many damage reports. Overall the damage has been fairly widespread. Wires down and roof damage in the areas of East Market Street, Livingston Street and Grand Lake Road. There was also major damage to Crown Equipment Corportation.
You can see more detailed information from our friends at WHIO here.
The other tornado that touched down southwest of Sandusky destroyed a bedroom and did significant tree damage near SR-412 along the Erie and Sandusky County border. Power lines came down near Mason Road in Perkins Township. Stay tuned for more information on the storm damage today.
Continuing coverage is on our Facebook page.
- Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Snow - March 20, 2018
- A Few Inches of Snow to Welcome in Spring - March 19, 2018
- Rain Changes To Snow Thursday Evening - February 28, 2018
- The Thaw Is On With Infrequent Winter Visits - February 13, 2018
- Significant Snow in Parts of the Great Lakes - February 8, 2018
- Snow & Ice Continues Across Ohio Mid Morning - February 7, 2018
- ‘Super Blue Moon’ Will Show Up Wednesday - January 30, 2018
- Few Inches of Snow by Tuesday Morning For Some Ohioans - January 29, 2018
- International Space Station Pass Tonight - January 26, 2018
- VIDEO: Weekly Forecast Looking At Snow & Mild Temps - January 22, 2018