It’s been a busy day of severe weather as expected across a good portion of Ohio. The threat for tornadoes were certainly on the table. A tornado touched down in Celina in Mercer County and in the Sandusky area near Castalia and Bloomingville along the Sandusky and Erie border.
The Celina tornado did notable damage. Mercer County EMA said 8 people had non-life threatening injuries caused by the storms. Six of the injured folks were in a restaurant on Havemann Road and one injured person was at another business on the same road. Another injury came from a crash on OH-29 east of Celina from an accident when a power pole fell.
There are many damage reports. Overall the damage has been fairly widespread. Wires down and roof damage in the areas of East Market Street, Livingston Street and Grand Lake Road. There was also major damage to Crown Equipment Corportation.
You can see more detailed information from our friends at WHIO here.
The other tornado that touched down southwest of Sandusky destroyed a bedroom and did significant tree damage near SR-412 along the Erie and Sandusky County border. Power lines came down near Mason Road in Perkins Township. Stay tuned for more information on the storm damage today.
Continuing coverage is on our Facebook page.
- - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: A look Through April - March 21, 2019
- Powerful Weekend System: Wind, Snow, Severe Storms - February 21, 2019
- Time To Purchase A Weather Service - November 16, 2018
- Neoweather Ends First Warn Series - November 5, 2018
- 2018-2019 Winter Forecast - November 3, 2018
- Lake Effect Snow Possible Around Great Lakes - October 16, 2018
- WATCH: Hurricane Michael Heads Towards Florida - October 9, 2018
- Unexpected Tornadoes Strike Northeast Ohio Thursday - September 22, 2018
- September 2018-2019 Winter Forecast Update - September 21, 2018