It’s been a busy day of severe weather as expected across a good portion of Ohio. The threat for tornadoes were certainly on the table. A tornado touched down in Celina in Mercer County and in the Sandusky area near Castalia and Bloomingville along the Sandusky and Erie border.
The Celina tornado did notable damage. Mercer County EMA said 8 people had non-life threatening injuries caused by the storms. Six of the injured folks were in a restaurant on Havemann Road and one injured person was at another business on the same road. Another injury came from a crash on OH-29 east of Celina from an accident when a power pole fell.
There are many damage reports. Overall the damage has been fairly widespread. Wires down and roof damage in the areas of East Market Street, Livingston Street and Grand Lake Road. There was also major damage to Crown Equipment Corportation.
You can see more detailed information from our friends at WHIO here.
The other tornado that touched down southwest of Sandusky destroyed a bedroom and did significant tree damage near SR-412 along the Erie and Sandusky County border. Power lines came down near Mason Road in Perkins Township. Stay tuned for more information on the storm damage today.
Continuing coverage is on our Facebook page.
- Perseid Meteor Shower Peeks Through Monday - August 11, 2018
- An Early Look Ahead To Winter - August 3, 2018
- SIMA Symposium: Snow & Ice Show In Cleveland - June 24, 2018
- Severe Weather Chances Increasing Saturday - May 11, 2018
- How Did April Cold Affect Things? - April 30, 2018
- 2019 Winter Forecast - April 16, 2018
- Three Tornadoes Touchdown In Ohio Tuesday - April 4, 2018
- No April Fools – Cold Easter & Month Ahead - March 31, 2018
- Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Snow - March 20, 2018
- A Few Inches of Snow to Welcome in Spring - March 19, 2018