Happy Spring! Well it says it on the calendar anyway. A winter weather system will grasp Ohio bringing at least a couple of inches to a good portion of the Buckeye State.
The snow will develop from Southwest Ohio and expand into central and northern portions of the state as we go through the evening hours. Much of the area will be seeing snow once we get into the overnight. It will end up taking a little while to stick and accumulate on roads due to marginal air temperatures and the relatively warm ground.
Where moderate bursts of snow happens we should see snow starting adding up some. There’s increasing confidence on a heavier corridor of snow between Dayton and Lima towards the Indiana border. The Youngstown area might also see slightly higher totals. Overall a big chunk of the state will see a general 2-4 inches.
Warmer temperatures should prevent much snow from sticking across Southeast Ohio. The shield of moisture just wont get far enough northwest to bring the Toledo area anything more than a coating. Cleveland looks to see an inch or two.
The snow will shift south and break up as we go through the morning hours Wednesday. It should come to an end by later afternoon in the southern part of Ohio as temperatures warm back above freezing.
The bigger impacts will be overnight and during Wednesday morning for the commute to work and school. There will likely be school closings in spots. While this is not a huge winter storm it will still slow you down a bit in spots that see higher snow totals.
Winds will be gusty with 30-40mph gusts from the Northeast being possible. This likely causes some blowing and drifting.
- Lake Effect Snow Possible Around Great Lakes - October 16, 2018
- WATCH: Hurricane Michael Heads Towards Florida - October 9, 2018
- Unexpected Tornadoes Strike Northeast Ohio Thursday - September 22, 2018
- September 2018-2019 Winter Forecast Update - September 21, 2018
- Hurricane Florence To Cause Devastating Flooding In Carolinas - September 12, 2018
- VIDEO: Erie, PA Snow Record Taken Away - August 31, 2018
- Perseid Meteor Shower Peeks Through Monday - August 11, 2018
- An Early Look Ahead To Winter - August 3, 2018
- SIMA Symposium: Snow & Ice Show In Cleveland - June 24, 2018
- Severe Weather Chances Increasing Saturday - May 11, 2018