Happy Spring! Well it says it on the calendar anyway. A winter weather system will grasp Ohio bringing at least a couple of inches to a good portion of the Buckeye State.
The snow will develop from Southwest Ohio and expand into central and northern portions of the state as we go through the evening hours. Much of the area will be seeing snow once we get into the overnight. It will end up taking a little while to stick and accumulate on roads due to marginal air temperatures and the relatively warm ground.
Where moderate bursts of snow happens we should see snow starting adding up some. There’s increasing confidence on a heavier corridor of snow between Dayton and Lima towards the Indiana border. The Youngstown area might also see slightly higher totals. Overall a big chunk of the state will see a general 2-4 inches.
Warmer temperatures should prevent much snow from sticking across Southeast Ohio. The shield of moisture just wont get far enough northwest to bring the Toledo area anything more than a coating. Cleveland looks to see an inch or two.
The snow will shift south and break up as we go through the morning hours Wednesday. It should come to an end by later afternoon in the southern part of Ohio as temperatures warm back above freezing.
The bigger impacts will be overnight and during Wednesday morning for the commute to work and school. There will likely be school closings in spots. While this is not a huge winter storm it will still slow you down a bit in spots that see higher snow totals.
Winds will be gusty with 30-40mph gusts from the Northeast being possible. This likely causes some blowing and drifting.
- 2019 Winter Forecast - April 16, 2018
- Three Tornadoes Touchdown In Ohio Tuesday - April 4, 2018
- No April Fools – Cold Easter & Month Ahead - March 31, 2018
- Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Snow - March 20, 2018
- A Few Inches of Snow to Welcome in Spring - March 19, 2018
- Rain Changes To Snow Thursday Evening - February 28, 2018
- The Thaw Is On With Infrequent Winter Visits - February 13, 2018
- Significant Snow in Parts of the Great Lakes - February 8, 2018
- Snow & Ice Continues Across Ohio Mid Morning - February 7, 2018
- ‘Super Blue Moon’ Will Show Up Wednesday - January 30, 2018