It’s a hot one today! At 11 AM, Cleveland and Findlay were already at 90 degrees with a good portion of Ohio already in the upper 80s. Highs will hit 90 or better in many locations today with another shot at 90 degree weather in many spots again on Wednesday. A few locations may actually make the mid-90s today. The heat index will also be quite high, with many locations already in the middle 90s. Some locations could see the heat index top 100 degrees this afternoon.
Here’s a look at the latest radar and temperatures:
Rain and a few thunderstorms moved across central and southern Ohio this morning, where temperatures are cooler but some areas received some flooding. We’ll see more storms develop through the day, with a few storms possibly becoming strong to severe across northern Ohio.
Severe storms are possible this afternoon and evening, generally along/north of US Route 30. Damaging winds are the biggest threat but a few storms may produce some large hail. Widespread severe weather is not likely and not everyone will see a storm.
Severe weather chances will increase in coverage to include all of Ohio for Wednesday and Thursday but chances for severe weather will be relatively low, with only a marginal risk for severe storms both days. Again, damaging winds will be the primary threat with the possibility of a few storms producing large hail. Localized flooding is possible as the atmosphere is literally primed with moisture. Some areas could quickly see 2 inches of rain from any thunderstorm.
By Friday, a few morning showers will clear out of the state but rain chances will again return for part of the weekend. Long range models aren’t in good agreement right now on this setup so expect changes to the weekend forecast. Check out our Ohio First Warn Facebook page for the latest forecasts!
- Risk for Strong to Severe Storms Tuesday - April 2, 2018
- Rain Changes to Freezing Rain Today; More Rain Expected - February 21, 2018
- Here Comes More Snow! - February 6, 2018
- Clipper System to Bring Snow to Ohio - December 12, 2017
- Major Pattern Change On The Way - November 29, 2017
- Wild Weather: Lots of Ups & Downs, Anything Goes - November 15, 2017
- Getting Your Weather Data from an App? Better Think Again! - October 18, 2017
- ISS Flyover: Two Great Passes This Week - September 26, 2017
- Hurricane Maria To Impact Puerto Rico Wednesday - September 19, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey Expected to Become A Major Hurricane Impacting Texas - August 24, 2017