At least 25 people were hurt when a tornado hit a mobile home park in northwestern Wisconsin Tuesday night.
The tornado damaged the Prairie Lakes Estates trailer park on State Highway 53 between Chetek and Cameron. The National Weather Service reported a touchdown in the area just after 5:30 p.m.
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald reported at least 20 people were injured.
Sheriff’s dispatchers say they’re too busy to provide details.
Chetek Mayor Jeff Martin told a Minneapolis TV station that numerous emergency vehicles have gone to the trailer park. He estimates the park had around 50 homes. Martin also says several turkey barns in the area were hit hard.
A trained weather spotter told the National Weather Service that trailer homes were hit and walls were on top of people.
Several tornado warnings were issued as severe thunderstorms moved east across northern Wisconsin.
© 2017 Associated Press
- Severe Weather Chances Increasing Saturday - May 11, 2018
- How Did April Cold Affect Things? - April 30, 2018
- 2019 Winter Forecast - April 16, 2018
- Three Tornadoes Touchdown In Ohio Tuesday - April 4, 2018
- No April Fools – Cold Easter & Month Ahead - March 31, 2018
- Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Snow - March 20, 2018
- A Few Inches of Snow to Welcome in Spring - March 19, 2018
- Rain Changes To Snow Thursday Evening - February 28, 2018
- The Thaw Is On With Infrequent Winter Visits - February 13, 2018
- Significant Snow in Parts of the Great Lakes - February 8, 2018