At least 25 people were hurt when a tornado hit a mobile home park in northwestern Wisconsin Tuesday night.
The tornado damaged the Prairie Lakes Estates trailer park on State Highway 53 between Chetek and Cameron. The National Weather Service reported a touchdown in the area just after 5:30 p.m.
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald reported at least 20 people were injured.
Sheriff’s dispatchers say they’re too busy to provide details.
Chetek Mayor Jeff Martin told a Minneapolis TV station that numerous emergency vehicles have gone to the trailer park. He estimates the park had around 50 homes. Martin also says several turkey barns in the area were hit hard.
A trained weather spotter told the National Weather Service that trailer homes were hit and walls were on top of people.
Several tornado warnings were issued as severe thunderstorms moved east across northern Wisconsin.
© 2017 Associated Press
- VIDEO: A look Through April - March 21, 2019
- Powerful Weekend System: Wind, Snow, Severe Storms - February 21, 2019
- Time To Purchase A Weather Service - November 16, 2018
- Neoweather Ends First Warn Series - November 5, 2018
- 2018-2019 Winter Forecast - November 3, 2018
- Lake Effect Snow Possible Around Great Lakes - October 16, 2018
- WATCH: Hurricane Michael Heads Towards Florida - October 9, 2018
- Unexpected Tornadoes Strike Northeast Ohio Thursday - September 22, 2018
- September 2018-2019 Winter Forecast Update - September 21, 2018
- Hurricane Florence To Cause Devastating Flooding In Carolinas - September 12, 2018