Many of us enjoyed temperatures in the 70s and even 80s in late April and early May. Then, just like that, it’s cold again with highs in the low 50s. As we head further into spring, some may be wondering when that warm weather will return.
Don’t get too excited – it’s not going to warm up in a day or two. Instead, we’re looking at a gradual warm up from below average temperatures, which look to persist into mid-May, to above average temperatures, which look to make their way back into the region heading into the latter half of the month.
We’ll likely finish out May with slightly below average temperatures given the extended cool period that we’re currently in across Ohio. However, as we head into June, temperatures look to stay at or above normal into the early days of Summer. There will be times where we likely see a cool day or two or perhaps three. Overall, however, temperatures look to be warmer than average across the region from the second half of May and into early summer.
Get those shorts and swim suits ready as you’ll be using them sooner than you think!
- Risk for Strong to Severe Storms Tuesday - April 2, 2018
- Rain Changes to Freezing Rain Today; More Rain Expected - February 21, 2018
- Here Comes More Snow! - February 6, 2018
- Clipper System to Bring Snow to Ohio - December 12, 2017
- Major Pattern Change On The Way - November 29, 2017
- Wild Weather: Lots of Ups & Downs, Anything Goes - November 15, 2017
- Getting Your Weather Data from an App? Better Think Again! - October 18, 2017
- ISS Flyover: Two Great Passes This Week - September 26, 2017
- Hurricane Maria To Impact Puerto Rico Wednesday - September 19, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey Expected to Become A Major Hurricane Impacting Texas - August 24, 2017